I have to take ya’ll back to 5 years ago to explain. We had just welcomed our second baby girl into the world, Molly Claire. I just put her down for a nap and got a phone call that twisted my world upside down and all over the place. “Ms. Derveloy, you and your husband need to schedule an appointment ASAP to review his lab results.”
A day later we went to the appointment and at 33 years old, my husband was diagnosed with Stage 3a colon cancer.
I escorted myself to the bathroom to vomit. The nurses were waiting for me outside because they knew.
Fast forward to the chemo treatments and all of the abnormal activities that became a new normal for us: doctors appointments, mouth sores, food sensitivities, constant sickness, etc. In that time there was only one thing that remained a happy constant for us….DATE NIGHT.
This was what I looked forward to every week. It was the one thing I knew would 100% bring me joy. My love for fashion grew so much because style had a whole new meaning: everything I wore on those nights became tied to an experience with the person I loved more than anything in my life and wanted all my memories tied to.
So, that’s the real reason I love date night…
It’s why I love pairing and sharing date night looks with ya’ll…
Because you’ll have an experience to remember your night with in something you feel amazing in 🙂
Here’s my top 5 V-day looks for you:
- This one is one of my favorites. It’s a beautiful midi slit black sequin skirt with a polka dot tan and black sweater. So classy and cute, and the price is even better!
2. Some sassy polka dot tights with a leather skirt and a ribbed turtle neck sweater. A little bit of fierce with a little more sass, and a whole lot of chic.
3. This one is comfy, casual, and still so so cute. It’s a tweed blend sweater from shopimpressions boutique. I’ve also linked a similar one in pink. Jeans are my current fave from Abercrombie that I’ve been wearing on repeat since Christmas. Such a beautiful winter white color.
4. A pretty combo that’s 2 looks in 1 by simply wearing it without the blazer. Love the mixing of pinks together too! Such a cute way to dress up jeans and add a soft pop of color!
5. A fun little sweater with a cute colorblock feel. Pretty colors and a nice texture with the ribbed sweater feel. Really good price too!
I love all of these looks because you can easily switch out each bottom with jeans or a skirt to dress it up or dress it down!
I hope you find a look you love and enjoy your experience in an outfit that makes you feel amazing!