I don’t know about ya’ll, but I looooove me a fresh start. I love the mornings, I love Mondays, I love celebrating the New Year…all the things. I know…I’m wierd, but hear me out. I wasn’t always like this, and as I’ve gotten older and gone through some life-altering things, I’ve realized that in order to live a happy life you have to learn to love these things. And honestly, they aren’t so bad after all.
Here’s 5 awesome ways to start a new month and help move you into a more positive outcome:
- Start the month strong. Do a workout on the first day of the month that makes you feel amazing, sweaty, accomplished, and fulfilled. It may not be that exciting to get started but I promise you that your body will thank you after. Ever notice after a workout how happy you are? How energized you feel? Your body thanks you by releasing endorphins, a group of hormones that relieve stress, make you feel less pain, and make you happy! Why wouldn’t you want to feel all of these things?
- Set a one week goal. It can be anything, but make it something you know you will put effort into accomplishing! Short term goals are motivating and make you feel SUPER successful. For example: making 3 workouts this week, saving a certain amount of your paycheck, eating on track every day this week, etc. When you meet a short term goal, those add up into long term goals which are the ones that take more time to reach. Having success along the way is KEY to making it further into those harder goals. Which leads me to number 3…
- Set a 30 day goal. This should be harder to reach than a short term goal, but also something you can reach in a month. Longer term goals keep you going, and man are they so satisfying and rewarding when you meet them!
- Make a gratitude list of what you are thankful for. Believe it or not, gratitude is truly an attitude. When you train your brain to think of these things, you are more focused on the positive. You become happier, you become more motivated to keep moving into success. When you’re grumpy, agitated, and frustrated by what you DON’T have, you’re in a negative state and less likely to feel motivated. Gratitude gives you a boost of happiness!
- Compliment yourself and smile. You have to love yourself in order to work on yourself. Read that again. So powerful. You have to truly want to change for the better before you complete steps 1-4.
Cheers to a new month, and a new start! Let’s have a new mindset, a new goal, and several new accomplishments!
Yours in health,