Do you ever wish Sundays had a pause button? When Sunday comes along do you start to get that pit in your stomach thinking about the relaxation of the weekend coming to an end?
If this sounds like you, I’m with you sister. I’ve put a list together of 10 ways to make your Sunday productive and help you start your week with a clear plan, perspective, and positive approach. These have helped me have less anxiety about the weekend coming to a close and more excitement about the start of the week!
1. Write your to do list around your top 3 priorities for Monday. Plan out your day around these top priorities. These should be the most important items on your to do list and MUST get done. For me, these usually include a workout and specific appointments I have.
2. Review your calendar for the week. This one is huge for me because it often gives me clarity for the week and helps me focus. If I don’t do this step I feel so off!!
3. Move your body. Sundays are often referred to as rest days but don’t take that literally and spend the whole day in bed. This doesn’t have to be super high intensity…go for a walk with your pet/family/self and enjoy the outside air. It does a number for your soul!
4. Do your laundry. Yep. Not my favorite either, but there’s nothing worse than waking up early on Monday and not knowing where that other sock is. Or getting out of the shower and not having a towel. You’ll be thankful you did this when the week hits and you get home from a long day a work when the last thing you want to do is fold clothes.
5. Plan your outfits for the week. When I used to work an office job, this was so necessary for me. The amount of time it gave back to me in the mornings was so helpful, especially when kids came along. Even though I now spend most of my time in workout clothes, it’s still a habit I don’t want to break!
6. Meal prep. Whether you like doing this or not, it’s 100% something I believe in. A failure to plan is a plan to fail. Set your self up for success and make it happen. Get the whole family involved and you’ll look forward to eating your meals together!
7. Pamper yourself. This can look different for many people. Slap on a face mask, run a bubble bath (me!!!), light your favorite candle, do some yoga. Do something that gets you in a relaxed state and makes you feel really good.
8. Decide which days you’re going to work out. Go back to that to do list and add in the days you’re going to work out and don’t let anything get in the way. Start out with a minimum of 3 days per week.
9. Drink alot of water. Hydration not only refreshes your body, but it refreshes your mind and helps decrease inflammation, decrease body fat, lubricates your joints, and helps with muscle recovery. Your body will thank you for this.
10. Get to bed at a reasonable hour. Don’t stay up binge watching your favorite show. That’s for Friday and Saturday! Turn off your electronics and get some great rest so you wake up energized, refreshed, and refueled on Monday.
Do you have any Sunday rituals that prepare you for the week?
Preparation is key when it comes to productivity! Let me know if there’s any tips that help YOU, I’d love to know!
Here’s to a wonderful week!
Yours in health.